Budgerigar's at Budgee!! 17th September 2006

I recently saw a post on another bird blog that I follow, of recent photographs of Budgies in the wild.  I have only ever seen them in the wild once at that was at a family members property at Budgee (near Greenmount) in South-East Queensland on 17th of September 2006.

I have found my post from the time that i submited to the Toowoomba Bird Observers which gives a little bit more information.

{Sunday 17th September, Witnessed a large group of Budgerigar's (about 20 at rough count) at a private property, Budgee, East Greenmount. Property owners said that this was the third day that the birds had been present. They were grazing on the lawn and also in flowering gum trees. Took quite a few photographs. Brendon checked his records as he had seen them in this location years before.  His last record of Budgerigar's at East Greenmount was 14 April 1988. Very exciting find, even though just out of the "Toowoomba" area.}

I have had a look for the photos that I took at the time, and they are rather poor, due to the camera and my then lack of experience, but they have a date stamp and do documment the sighting.  We are have not yet seen these birds in the wild again.  J.G. 22/02/2012

Budgies at Budgee, East Greenmount, 17/09/2006


17/09/2006 (Budgee, East Greenmount, Qld)

Comments